IT Finance Analyst
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 24, 2022
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career
and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!.*Hybrid
Schedule offered: Monday-Wednesday in-office, Thursday-Friday
flexible/remote days.*The Finance IT Analyst is a Subject Matter
Expert (SME) responsible for overall technology advancements and
development for Meijer's Finance Platforms. This person will work
very close with various Finance leaders and ITS teams to define,
prioritize, develop, and launch new features and capabilities. This
person is also a key leader and liaison with product managers
within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) that Meijer has adopted
across multiple areas of the business.
This role offers the unique opportunity to influence and create new
finance experiences that impact users across the whole Finance
ares. Individuals in this role must demonstrate the ability to
understand customer needs and have the aptitude for both technical
and business requirements. They must be able to understand the
impacts finance requests have on other areas, and communicate and
prioritize cross functionally.What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for managing features, user stories, spikes and/or
enablers on the finance train that drive development changes in IT,
many of which are tied to other Agile trains. (Agile trains are a
team of teams delivering results within the Scaled Agile Framework
- Leads, collects, and analyzes business requirements and
implements business solutions in a multifunctional project,
assesses and communicates issues of technology impact on the
- Serves as a Finance Subject Matter Expert (SME) for
contributions toward the creation and development of larger project
roadmaps, project strategy and planning process.
- Leads Projects from start to finish, including detailed
breakdown of features at the beginning, through measuring success
- Conveys the vision and goals to their team for each new feature
- Maintains and prioritizes their portion of the team's projects
during the sprint and PI planning processes.
- Identifies conflicting business practices and integration
issues, suggesting alternative solutions. Identifies requests
requiring custom programs and suggests "standard" alternatives that
still meet the business need.
- Attends all regularly scheduled meetings as part of the SAFe
framework, including sprint planning, sprint demos, system demos,
retrospectives, and program increment planning events.
- Communicates status and progress internally and
- Plans and executes program/feature transitions with high
customer impact as needed.
- Engages in systems tests, monitors results, and takes required
corrective actions as needed.
- Additional projects outside of the agile project teams as
assigned.What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or IT.
- 5+ years' experience in Accounting or Finance, or IT field
supporting Finance applications.
- Experience working with technical teams required, preferably
within an Agile (SAFe) or SAP framework.
- Experience in working within teams and cross-functional partner
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver simple customer experience
- Strong written, editing, proofreading and oral communication
- Strong presentation skills, comfort leading cross functional
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet tight
- Strong problem solving ability and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do
- Ability to communicate and interact with various divisions and
levels of the organization.
- Exceptional ability to extract strategic insights from data and
adjust and/or plan accordingly...
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , IT Finance Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!