Accounting Associate - Vendor Payables
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Acrisure's objectives are clear and intentional: be a great
partner and create shareholder value.
Customer-centric. Tech-driven. Entrepreneurial. Innovative and
adaptable. These traits define Acrisure and the Partners and
employees who have taken us from a top-10 global broker to a
next-generation fintech financial services company. Our massively
valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of
trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by artificial
intelligence (AI). Already the fastest growing, most profitable
insurance distribution platform, with the largest set of mapped
business and individual risk data, Acrisure is transforming
distribution of insurance and financial services.
Established in 2005, Acrisure is one of the insurance industry's
fastest-growing brokers. Since 2013, we have been engaged in a
unique approach to M&A that has increased revenue from $38
million to $2.2 billion and expanded our footprint across the US
from just three states to 42, as well as seven other countries. If
these traits and objectives align with yours, joining Acrisure can
unlock 'limitless' possibilities in your career.
The Accounting Associate is our entry level accounting role
responsible for recording, monitoring, and reconciling operational
transactions on behalf of agency partners.
If you have a passion for working with numbers, providing
outstanding customer service, and continually improving processes
and workflows with an awesome career path/growth potential, our
rapidly growing company is for you! No formal accounting experience
required but a passion for learning & growing, improving processes
and learning the operational side of an insurance brokerage -- no
worries, we will teach you all you need to know!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process invoices & credit memo's
- Reconcile vendor statements, credit card transactions, and
- Adaptable to learn team processes independently and agility to
change responsibilities as needed.
- Review processes to determine the tasks needed & timeframe to
- Ensure delivery of Service Level Agreements with Agency
Partners - Work with Supervisors/Managers/Controllers to provide
input to the development of associated metrics to ensure high
performance delivery of expected commitments.
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement developing
strategies to maximize efficiencies and unlock capacity.
- Work on root cause analysis and issue resolution with the team,
escalating timely to Supervisor, Manager, Controller as
- Perform assigned month end processes & closing procedure with
team & Controller.
- Collaborate with associates who are performing similar
functions to ensure consistency, sharing issue resolutions and best
- Overall provide prompt, accurate, courteous, "best in class"
service to agency partners, insurance companies, leadership team
and all staff.
- Perform special projects at management's request.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be
modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent is required.
- Accounting degree preferred
- 1-year general accounting background preferred.
Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
Explorer are required.
Knowledge of ERP management systems extremely helpful.
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of
interaction with team members
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by
consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive
behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication,
including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization
skills using discretion surrounding sensitive or confidential
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. We make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acrisure is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All
applicants will be considered for---employment---without attention
to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not
accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a
mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered Acrisure's property, and Acrisure will not be obligated
to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to
hiring managers without contacting Acrisure's Human Resources
Keywords: Acrisure, Grand Rapids , Accounting Associate - Vendor Payables, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!