Company: National Heritage Academies
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2022
As an Internal Auditor at National Heritage Academies (NHA) you
will be a member of the Audit Team and report directly to the Audit
Manager. The Internal Auditor will be a member of the Audit Team
and will report directly to the Audit Manager. The selected
individual will be responsible for internal audits and assisting
with external audits for the organization. The selected individual
will be a key point of contact within the organization and with
various external auditors. The Internal Auditors primary
responsibilities are to develop, maintain, and review internal
policies and procedures, perform internal reviews of financial
processes, and assist with audit resolution.
About UsNHA is a charter school management company that operates
90+ schools across nine states serving over 60,000 students in
Kindergarten through 12th grade. Founded in 1995 and based in Grand
Rapids, Michigan, NHA is one of the nations leading for-profit
charter school management organizations.
NHAs system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap
and provide a public school choice to families so their children
are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With
a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal
responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning
environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to
the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to
provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture
of our organization.
- Partner with Audit team to develop annual audit plan and risk
- Execute internal audits and consulting engagements to evaluate
effectiveness and efficiency of processes and provide
recommendations for improvement.
- Perform research of various accounting and government
- Address any internal control deficiencies including written
communication, group meetings, and follow-up.
- Prepare school annual financial statements and related
footnotes for financial statement audits.
- Assist with external school financial statement, compliance,
and fiscal program audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CIA, preferred.
- 1-2 years private industry or public accounting
- Knowledge of Governmental and/or Not-for-Profit Accounting and
Federal Grant compliance requirements, preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability
- Strong oral and written skills with the ability to effectively
communicate across multiple levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Excel. To learn more about our core values,
please visit our website at www.nhaschools.com.
- National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.by
Keywords: National Heritage Academies, Grand Rapids , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!