Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Why Choose Acrisure?
In record time, Acrisure has become the fastest growing insurance
broker globally. A top 20 player a few years ago, we are now in the
top 10 of insurance broker globally, with ambitious plans to
continue growing at pace. Beyond our growth, our dedication to
client service, as fueled by our business model and culture, means
that Acrisure's opportunity is to be the most relevant and
successful, privately held insurance broker in the industry.
Our model is unique. Through a network of agency partners that
provide local service with global reach, we work in service of two
core objectives: create value, and be a good partner.
Our culture is strong. We are a collaborative company of
entrepreneurial, innovative, and talented people who believe in our
future. We out-think and outwork the competition. We look outside
our walls and are energized by our fast-paced trajectory.
Our vision for the future is clear. We have limitless potential to
achieve unprecedented success in the insurance industry. To achieve
our opportunity, a best-in-class Quality Assurance team must
This is an exciting opportunity to join this growing team and
immediately make an impact to the overall success of the company.
If you are interested in collaborating with good people who
celebrate entrepreneurialism and work with commonality of purpose,
Acrisure is the place for you.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist with development and maintenance of risk-based audit
programs in conjunction with an annual internal audit plan
(financial, controls and compliance)
- Determine scope of specific review procedures in conjunction
with Quality Assurance Manager and others
- Review suitability of internal control design
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional
area in established/required timeline
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable
issues and dimension of risk
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Communicate findings to senior management and draft
comprehensive and complete report of audit area
- Demonstrate ability to gather, analyze data and communicate
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal/written
communication skills with business, financial, and operational
- Ability to "take ownership" of projects from start to
- Flexibility, as needed, as extended hours and travel may be
required from time-to-time
- Protects operations by keeping financial information
- Demonstrate the ability to develop working relationships with
multiple levels of staff and management within the company
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive
and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or the recognized
equivalent in education and experience, required
- CPA or CIA, preferred
- Insurance accounting background a plus
- 3+ years financial experience, through public
accounting/auditing and/or industry experience
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel, Power Point),
- Experience with agency management systems, Power BI, data
analytics and RPA systems a plus
- Must be highly organized, self-starter, detail oriented and
have strong project management skills and excellent written & oral
- Must exhibit skeptical thinking with ability to get into the
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a time
critical, fast-paced environment, with ability to go above and
beyond normal work hours when necessary
- Approximately 20 - 30% travel anticipated (upon post-covid
return to the office)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Together with our Agency Partners, Acrisure is reshaping the
insurance industry. Be a part of that evolution and join the
Acrisure community, either as part of our Home Office support teams
or within one of our Agency Partners. Visit our website to see
available job openings in insurance, accounting, account
management, and more.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not
accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a
mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered Acrisure's property, and Acrisure will not be obligated
to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to
hiring managers without contacting Acrisure's Human Resources
Keywords: Acrisure, Grand Rapids , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!