Director, IT PMO
Location: Byron Center
Posted on: February 22, 2021
- Location: SPT - Grand Rapids Service Center
- Full/Part Time: Full time
- Job Number: R2154 At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our
Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as
one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share
the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the
next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we
collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals. Location:850 76th
Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315Job Description:Key Role
- Leadership - (1) Develop and lead the project management office
(PMO) vision to help drive quality, consistency, and governance of
projects across the enterprise. (2) Be a trusted leader and partner
in the orchestration and delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Build a strong pool of project and
program managers and empower them by providing methodologies,
standards, metrics, and tools.
- Operational Excellence and Lean Thinking - Design and implement
agility and continuous improvements in the investment decision
process, project methodology, including project lifecycle
stage-gate processes, project artifacts and templates and make them
relevant to the size and complexity of the projects.
- Strategy Alignment - Ensuring the PMO goals and objectives
align with the organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Business Relationships - Work alongside business and technology
leaders to influence informed decision making on enterprise project
portfolio roadmaps and priorities that systematically enable the
business capabilities, functions, and outcomes.
- Fiscal Management - Plan, direct and control IT department
capital budgets and project related operating expenses while
supporting organization's financial goals, and governing investment
decisions and risk management.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads discussions and builds consensus among the PMO
stakeholders and organizational leadership in establishing mission
and vision of the PMO organization to foster results-oriented
culture and mindset.
- Partners with the delivery organization on the implementation
of project and program management processes, methods, tools and
techniques, frameworks, and standards.
- Ensures consistent portfolio, program and project metrics
reporting and tracking across all business and IT functions.
- Leads project ICU meetings to drive governance and ensure
cross-functional leadership support for the projects.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to PMO staff, project, and
- Establish a resource management model that gives transparency
to the investment committee in making project prioritization
decisions that balance resource capacity and funding needs.
- Builds and maintains relationships with senior business and
technology leaders to be able to collaborate and drive investment
committee decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Establishes a project management competency center to
facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project
managers and key PMO stakeholders.
- Oversees the administration of the Enterprise Project and
Portfolio Management (PPM) Tools.
- Stays current on industry trends in the development of
enterprise planning tools that support agile, waterfall, and hybrid
- Develop standards reporting, project benefits tracking, and
monitor 'make good' process.
- Provide input into the cost-benefit analysis and business case
justifications for new projects.
- Deliver formal presentations and executive summaries to senior
management on strategic and operational initiatives.
- Plan, direct and control IT department capital budgets and
operating expenses in close collaboration with Accounting
- Collaborate with Accounting, Tax and Compliance, and ensure
adherence to audit and control requirements.
- Regularly review and evaluate opportunities to improve the
project management practices in order to achieve higher maturity in
the PPM.Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Expert-level knowledge of project/program/portfolio management
and associated methodologies, techniques, processes, and
- Expertise in Budgeting and profitability management
- Expertise in large scale project portfolio management in a very
- Knowledge of resource management tools.
- Ability to mentor and coach teams and effectively build project
- Ability to build a strong network and relationships at
executive levels with business and technology leaders, customers,
- Ability to have tough conversations, negotiations.
- Demonstrate resilience, and resourcefulness.
- Over 15 years in Project/Program Management - waterfall, agile,
hybrid - incl. 5-7 years in driving alpha and digital
transformation projects and programs.
- A design thinking practitioner that can help drive
cross-functional business decisions based on feasibility,
viability, sustainability, and strategic fit.
- Ability to develop, influence and communicate the PMO vision,
seek stakeholder buy-in and inspire and motivate PMO staff.
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution
- A well-rounded cross-functional business acumen (Sales,
Marketing, Service, HR, Supply Chain, Retail, Digital, e-Commerce,
Finance), including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the
enterprise and its business units.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how
other organizations are leveraging them to drive enterprise level
projects, programs and portfolios.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business
leaders, and business concepts to the PMO staff.
- Attends training and seminars as requested/deemed necessary to
stay on top of industry standards and PPM/PMO trends.
- Collaborative and a consensus driven management style.
- Ability to facilitate and drive continuous process improvements
on the job by partnering with other cross-functional leaders.
- Up to 25% travel.Education & Credentials
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering or
- Project Management Professional (PMP); 10+ years in managing
large projects and or protfolios
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) - Strongly Desired
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are
encouraged to apply! We are not able to sponsor work visas for this
position. SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take
care of our business through our robust and competitive Total
Rewards benefits package. Learn more here . SpartanNash is an Equal
Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes
employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
individuals. Apply At SpartanNash we celebrate diversity and
believe employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, age,
or protected veteran status or any legally recognized status
entitled to protection under applicable federal, state or local
laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you
require assistance or an accommodation of any kind to complete an
application, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at
Keywords: SpartanNash, Grand Rapids , Director, IT PMO, Accounting, Auditing , Byron Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!