Income Tax Manager
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help
you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores,
distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest
corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Meijer.Please review the job profile below and apply
today!Responsible for overseeing Meijers compliance for income and
franchise tax, payroll tax withholding and benefit plan reporting
as well as leading the income and franchise tax, payroll tax and
benefit plan compliance team. Also responsible for monitoring tax
legislative activity, tax planning and Accounting for Income
Taxes..What You'll be Doing:
- Manage Federal and State income and franchise tax, payroll tax
and benefit plan return preparation efficiently and effectively,
including contacts with internal resources and external tax
professionals, auditors and government agencies.
- Responsible for GAAP accounting for income taxes.
- Talent Management: Lead and develop income, franchise and
payroll tax compliance team.
- Resource Management: Lead in the identification and
implementation of process improvements for team and self.
- Organizational Development: Provide technical expertise on
internal projects to evaluate and advise management of tax impacts
of proposed business changes and legislative activity.
- Work collaboratively throughout Meijer and with outside
consultants to identify opportunities for savings and to facilitate
business change while monitoring and minimizing tax risk.
- Communication: Prepare and deliver reporting to leadership and
outside auditors regarding Meijers tax positions, risk and
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required.What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Accounting or Finance degree required.
- Masters degree in Taxation preferred.
- CPA required.
- 10 years of aggregate experience in Public Accounting,
Corporate Tax Department or equivalent.
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in the full spectrum of
federal state and local taxation matters as well as excise and
payroll tax and benefit plan reporting.
- Strong experience with ASC 740 and other tax accounting
- Hands on professional with extensive compliance experience able
to work at the most detailed level and retain the big picture
- Proficiency in use of tax research tools.
- Ability to multi-task and complete complex projects with
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team building and communication skills both written and
- Experienced in use of tax software packages.
- Microsoft Office advanced skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral...We opened
our doors more than 85 years ago with the goal of helping people
provide for themselves and their family. Today were a multi-billion
dollar retailer with more than 65,000 employees across six states.
Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids,
Michigan, plus manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and
over 240 stores across Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio
and Wisconsin.Meijer is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a
diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to treating all
persons with dignity and respect. Meijer's policy is to not
discriminate because of any applicant or team member's race, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, religion, age, physical or mental
disability, uniformed service or veteran status, or any other
lawfully-protected classification. If you need a reasonable
accommodation of a disability to complete any part of your
application, please click here at
and you will be directed to the ILRU Directory to find an agency in
your area that can assist you.
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , Income Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!